COMMERCE, Texas – A&M-Commerce sophomore defender Callie Annett has been named to the Capital One Academic All-District VI first team, announced today by the Collegiate Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).
The accolade comes one day after Annett was named to the Lone Star Conference Soccer All-Academic team. The McKinney native, majoring in accounting, is coming off an impressive sophomore season which saw her start all 17 games for the Lions and serving as a key member of the A&M-Commerce defensive backfield.
Annett also contributed offensively, notching a goal and an assist on the year. She tallied her first career assist on her sister Cadie's game-winning overtime goal against Texas Woman's, while recording her first career goal in the 3-0 win over Eastern New Mexico. Annett recorded 20 shots on the year, 11 of which were on goal.
Annett joined teammate Brionna Minde on the All-Academic Team and becomes the third Lion in the last two years to be named to the Capital One Academic All-District IV first team, joining Minde and former A&M-Commerce goalkeeper Randi Hafele in 2011. She was also one of just four Lone Star Conference selections among District IV, which encompasses the Lone Star, Heartland and Rocky Mountain Athletic Conferences.
Annett now becomes eligible for the national Academic All-America team, which will be announced later this month by CoSIDA.
2012 Capital One Academic All-District IV Selections
• Arielle Moncure, GK – Abilene Christian
• Julie Coppedge, MF – Abilene Christian
• Lea Sedwick, MF – Dallas Baptist
• Megan Woodworth, MF – Colorado School of Mines
• Callie Annett, D – A&M-Commerce
• Aubrey Bagley, D – Colorado School of Mines
• Jordan Benfield, D – Angelo State
• Samantha Burneo, D – Colorado Mesa
• Madyson Wellcome, D – Fort Lewis
• Amy Adkins, F – St. Mary's
• Anna Evans, F – Colorado School of Mines
• Rachel Murray, F – St. Edward's